Monday, March 29, 2010

More sweets

Today, I was sitting at my desk at work, and my cube neighbor walked around the corner and squealed at me "you are totally going to have a girl!!!" She stunned me at first, and when I turned around, I noticed she was pointing at the huge Kit Kat bar I had sitting open. After drawing from her own experiences, she seems absolutely convinced that a women that craves sweet things means you are having a girl. I have no idea if there is any truth to that, but I do know my craving for sweet things is revved up! Being the awesome husband that he is, I had Jonas go out the other night and buy me a McCain's cake. Actually, what I really wanted was red velvet cake, but I had no idea where to get one? So I told him that a MCCain's cake would do! It was the vanilla kind, with the vanilla marshmallowy frosting. I have also been craving vanilla ice cream, but not just any kind. The really GOOD kind with vanilla flecks in it! Yes, apparently pregnancy has made me very choosy as well. And to top off my recent cravings, I have been snacking on toast drenched with peanut butter and jam, and ritz crackers with cream cheese spread all over it. Despite eating these things, I still have no appetite for 'real food', but I try to eat something at least every hour to hour and a half.

So now that I am eating more sweets, I have been wearing my pants unbuttoned and using my maternity band. What a great invention! As weird as it sounds, I have lost weight everywhere except for my belly. So it is very hard for me to find maternity bottoms to wear, as they don't really fit. I bought a maternity band to wear around my waist, overtop of my regular pants/skirts. The beauty of it is that I can wear my regular bottoms completely undone, and conceal it with this band! And it is soooo much more comfortable. I highly recommend this to anybody! Ah, the beauty of pregnancy! You never know what you're in for one day to the next!

4 comments:

  1. Hmmm, we didn't have the maternity band back then :(
    My experience with the maternity top: it was great to wear after the baby was born, just tuck him/her underneath and nobody knew, a discreet way to nurse a baby.

    ReplyDelete
  2. YUMMMMMMMM. Ritz crackers with creamed cheese! You're making me HUNGRY.

    If your co-worker's theory holds true, it is in line with our suspicions that we are having a boy. I want nothing sweet, but man o' man, lots of carbs and cheese for this pregnant woman.

    xoxoxo

    ReplyDelete
  3. If you are craving those deep-fried frogs legs at Phenom Pehn Restaurant in Chinatown, or escargot from a French restaurant, then it means "You are totally going to have a boy!!!"

    See this poem:

    What are little boys made of?
    What are little boys made of?

    Frogs and snails
    And puppy-dogs' tails,

    That's what little boys are made of.

    What are little girls made of?
    What are little girls made of?

    Sugar and spice
    And all that's nice,

    That's what little girls are made of.

    http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/What_Are_Little_Boys_Made_Of%3F

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi Todd! So nice to see a comment from you! I will definitely keep your poem in mind, to see if I have any cravings for frog legs or snails :)

    ReplyDelete