Thursday, March 18, 2010

Two ships.......

For my own sanity, I am taking time out of my busy work schedule to write in my blog, which I have neglected for a few days. Things have been so hectic in our lives lately, to be even more so down the road I am sure. Jonas and I are literally two ships passing in the night right now. I wake up early, go to work commuting between offices, come home, try to eat dinner, pass out on the couch and eventually make my way to the bedroom at some point around 9:00. Jonas wakes up, goes to school, studies for his millionth exam at the library, comes home to eat in time, and for us to watch The Office together at 7:00, studies some more, and then comes to sit with me in bed at around 9:00 for my nightly back rub (yes, I know I am VERY spoiled by him!) It usually takes less than half an hour for me to fall asleep while he rubs my back.

Even though we are barely seeing each other these days, I feel so reassured by our strong marriage, made even more stronger by the arrival of baby in 6 months. I know this is all a temporary phase that we are going through, and that soon enough, we will be going out shopping together for all the things that baby needs. This will truly be a bonding experience for us, but until then, duty calls!

1 comment:

  1. Awww. We totally, totally, totally know this feeling! I think we'll see more of our husbands when the babies get here, at least. :)

    ReplyDelete