Thursday, April 1, 2010

Another good visit with the doc

Today's checkup with the OB was very good. We heard the heartbeat immediately, and it was definitely much louder than our last visit. We had our camera all ready to record, and wouldn't you know it but we realized the battery was dead! So disappointing, but we will definitely record it on our next visit.

I have noticed that with every visit, my OB is getting more and more excited for me. I have my detailed ultrasound booked for early May, where we will get to see how our little one is progressing. SO EXCITED FOR THAT! She also told me that around that time, I should start to feel movement from the baby and kicking soon after. I guess the movement I felt before must have been a false alarm. I know that some women complain about their babies kicking up a storm, but I cannot wait for that day to happen! It will reassure me that all is well inside of me, and that indeed, I have a very active little child.

As each day goes by, I feel myself longing to hold our baby, and to see their little face! I am filled with so much anticipation, that I don't even mind the night feedings and sleep deprivation that are sure to come my way. What an absolute joy this baby is already in our lives.

2 comments:

  1. Dear Wendy,
    Thanks for sharing your thoughts...I bet baby is sharing mom's joy too! S/he is now in the safest and most secure place in the whole wide world...in good time, s/he would meet mom and dad, grandpa and grandma(s), aunts and uncles...and would be showered with so much love!
    Lots of love from mom and dad to the mom and dad to be...

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh yay for the ultrasound booking and a nice loud heartbeat :). I think time is flying in your pregnancy now! xxoo

    ReplyDelete