This was a lovely weekend for Jonas and I, as we got to meet up with some friends. We had a wonderful 'catch up' session with our dear friends, Hillary and Joe. They are two of our closest friends from the dragon boat team, and we miss them both! Especially as I used to sit in the seat in front of Hillary, and would see them both twice in a week, so I miss that! We had a lovely meal of specialized teas, little sandwiches and delectable pastries. The pastries curved my sweet craving that day, and my only regret was that I didn't have any to eat the next day! I am craving everything sweet these days, and it is getting very difficult to hold back on these urges.
We also took a drive out to the Poconos (Port Coquitlam) to visit Linda, Victor and Bella Felicia. Yes, the drive took us an hour and twenty minutes from our place (not what I am used to at all when I visit them!) but it was totally worth it, and we will be making the drive there again. Victor made us the most amazing lunch, consisting of roast chicken, steamed asparagus, and the most delicious rice/risotto dish. Then, to my utter delight, Linda had an ice cream cake from Dairy Queen that she had purchased the day before to celebrate Bella's 6 month birthday. I can't tell you how excited I was! I had been talking about an ice cream cake to Jonas for the past few days, so I was truly in food heaven this weekend. Victor's chicken was the first taste of chicken I had had in a long time, due to my weird aversion to it. But it was honestly one of the best chickens I have ever had. Then we got to play with Bella for a while, and spend some quality time. Jonas and I kept marvelling on the way home about what an amazing baby she is, her sweet disposition, and how adorable! I can never get enough of her and wish I could put her in my pocket.
This Friday will be our detailed ultrasound. I am very excited about this, as apparently, you can see qite alot of vivid details. Including the little face! I'm not sure how much the face would truly resemble the baby once it comes out though, but I still can't wait to see it! My only worry is not being able to drink enough water that I need for the ultrasound. I am constantly running to the washroom as it is, so I am worried about not being able to keep the liquid in. I think between now and then, I will have to start mentally psyching up for it.
Since my last update last week, Baby Ng has definitely been moving around alot more. Particularly in the morning after I eat breakfast. On Saturday, I was halfway through my bowl of oatmeal when I could feel it. Jonas was still sleeping but the baby was going nuts! I was actually able to follow it for a while, as it moved around. It takes a while to be able to locate where it is, but it seems that once I am able to find it, it swims away from me. This went on for about half an hour or so. So cute to spend this special little time with him/her!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
We absolutely LOVED having you over! And I swear, BF missed you so much that she couldn't sleep all night ;). Once we're all cured of our colds, we have to meet up again.
ReplyDeleteI can't wait to hear about your ultrasound!
Dear Wendy,
ReplyDeleteOne thing about the Ultrasound I dread was to drink an enormous amount of water. I can certainly understand the apprehension! But it is all worth it when you can see the baby...look forward to it.
Love,
Mom.
I've fallen behind: I just read this, and I love hearing about Baby's progress. So exciting to see your ultrasound video and hear the heartbeat! Joe and I had a great time catching up with you and Jonas over High Tea--definitely a treat for us. xoxo
ReplyDelete