Yikes, it's back to work already! Where did the weekend go???
Jonas and I had a very lovely, leisurely weekend. We slept in late, we ate well, and we had pretty much no schedule at all. Jonas did work on Saturday, but aside from that, it was pretty much anything goes! The weather could have been better for sure. Not sure what is up with Vancouver weather these days??? I don't think I have seen temperatures hit above 15 degrees!
For some reason, I was feeling very domestic this weekend and cooked up a storm. Since I was by myself on Saturday morning, I made myself some sourdough french toast with fresh berries and maple syrup, and turkey bacon. Then in the evening, I decided to make a shephard's pie, which turned out better than the last time that I made it. We bought a new table top portable barbecue, which we were dying to try out, but the weather was too unpredictable. So on Sunday, instead of grilling steaks, I made them at home with some roasted veggies, and portobella mushrooms. They still turned out well, but we can't wait to use our grill! Then yesterday, I decided to roast a chicken, with some wild rice and asparagus. It was a pretty indulgent weekend, food-wise but I felt like it was just what we needed. Aside from the cooking, eating and sleeping, we checked out a few more rentals which were very blah. If anything, checking out rentals has been a very good excercise for us, as it has made us realize that we love the space in our apartment and the area we live in even more. We also went to Babies R Us, and fell in love with all the things there. We have a pretty good idea of what we need now, so I'm glad that we got to go there to check things out. We also hit the gym together to work off all that food! All in all, it was wonderful to spend time with my hubby.
On a side note, I feel like I should acknowledge that I love the comments that are posted on my blog and I read all of them! Even if I don't respond to them. I feel so honoured that you take the time to read my blog, and it is a great source of comfort to me that I have such a good network of people to fall back on.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
Dear Wendy,
ReplyDeleteCouple days and times are numbered (128), so do enjoy as much as you can. Although weather was not the best, I am glad that you enjoyed each other's company to the fullest. Cooking is therapeutic while it can also be a chore in days of rushing here and there. Yes, living near UBC and its scenic setting is amazing and your apartment is a good size one...but all things considered, it would be good to keep looking. Did you and Jonas look into the Olympic Village Co-op possibility? With a baby coming into the picture, it is a new beginning of everything... life is never smooth sailing but we know that you both will overcome adversity. Dad and I wish you, Jonas and baby all the best in a wonderful future...
Love,
Mom.
Mmmmm...your sourdough french toast sounds delicious!
ReplyDeleteHi Sweet,
ReplyDeleteAll of that food made my mouth water. So glad you had a fun weekend of eating and baby gear shopping.
Sending our love always; you guys are on our minds a lot.
xxoo