In the past week, I can't believe how active our little baby is! I can now feel it moving and kicking quite frequently, and every single time, I always feel such a thrill. I know that I am not the first person to feel this, and this is not some new science. But I am just so tickled by it! I am still trying to distinguish between the moves, kicks and punches. But I think I am slowly getting there. The kicks seem to occur routinely at around 6 am in the morning and around 9:00 pm, or whenever bedtime is. Those are my favorite times of the day, as I like to lie in bed during that time and bond with Baby Ng. And the most amazing thing is that I think baby is starting to recognize my voice! Yesterday, Jonas and I played a little game called 'kick' with him/her. Everytime I felt it kick, I would say aloud 'kick!' And sure enough, baby would kick. I would say it again and baby would do it again. We did this repeatedly over and over. Then I had Jonas try it and it took the baby a wee bit longer to recognize his voice. But sure enough, when Jonas started to say 'kick', we both felt it kick.
I am sure to anybody reading this that this is not a big deal. But I am documenting this more for the baby to able to read one day, and for us to remember these little details.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
I love hearing how in awe you are of the kicks/movements -- it really brings me back to the excitement of a year ago. It's pretty amazing to think that just below the skin of your belly is your little one letting you know "I'm here!".
ReplyDeleteDear Wendy,
ReplyDeleteWow, this is a big deal for both dad and me. The other day, dad said, the baby is kicking Wendy so much...
I don't think that I knew how to play that game when I was pregnant. How amazing this is, don't be surprise that your son/daughter coming out screaming and kicking :)
Love,
Mom.
"Kick!" Your kid is probably going to be a super-star striker. I do appreciate hearing all about the new developments. Very precious.
ReplyDeleteawww Wendy, not only is a it a big deal to you, its like the biggest deal EVER! I'm so thrilled for you two! Feeling those kicks, pokes and punches is the best feeling in the world! Thanks for inviting me to your blog, I love it and read it I might be a little behind but I'm with ya every blogged step of the way!
ReplyDelete