Ultrasound Day on Friday was very exciting for Jonas and I. All the apprehension I had about drinking gallons of water was completely unnecessary. Going into the appointment, our technician told me that despite chugging water before we went in, my bladder was still empty! But he was able to see everything anyways.
We made sure to tell our technician that we did not want to know the sex of our baby beforehand, so he wouldn't slip or show us something that we shouldn't see. We were in there for about an hour, scanning, taking pictures etc. The baby was moving quite a bit, very squirmy and the technician could never get a good clear picture of it. Numerous times I had to lie on my side, or be propped with my feet up so the baby would move around a little bit for a better picture angle. Finally, he was able to point out a few things to us. We saw the baby's skeleton, although I must admit, it was a bit weird. Then he pointed out its little hand with all five fingers. He also pointed out the foot, which I had a hard time finding at first, but was finally able to see the little toes. Then we saw the baby's head which to me, was the most adorable thing in the world! The baby's head was in profile, and we could make out the ears, the cheeks and the baby's mouth was contstantly opening and closing. That was by far the most precious thing we had seen.
All in all, it was interesting but I think Jonas and I went in there with a big expectation. From all that we have heard, we thought it was going to be a VERY detailed ultrasound, showing more things. But I think I must have confused this ultrasound with the 3D kind, where it is much more graphic. We took our pictures home but I haven't had a chance to scan them yet to post.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
I'm so glad the bladder wasn't an issue :)...and I can't wait to see the ultrasound pics!
ReplyDelete