Happy New Year to all!!!!
It has already been a great start to 2011. We did not plan to do anything for New Year's Eve, yet it turned out to be wonderful anyways. We started off by cooking a steak and baked potato dinner (as I REALLY had a yankering for steak). This was followed by playing with Griffin, and then Griffin decided to turn in at 9:15. This was quite an early bedtime for him, as he usually goes to sleep around 10. Fuelled by a pot of coffee that evening, Jonas and I took the opportunity to hunker down and watch a movie IN ITS ENTIRETY once Griffin went to bed. We were sort of thinking we would try to stay up until 12 for the countdown, but once the movie was finished, we were both done. But we made it to 11:15 and rang in the New Year ahead of schedule! It was a perfect evening, and I don't think either of us wanted to be anywhere else. It felt cozy, safe and we got to be with our favorite boy.
Today marks my birthday. My whole life, my birthday has been overshadowed by New Year's. But since I have known them, Jonas' family ensures that I have a real birthday celebration. So we went off to lunch at a cute restaurant in our neighborhood. Griffin tolerated it for most of the time, but started to fuss towards the end. Tonight is supposed to be dinner with my family, but this is all dependant now on when Griffin wakes up! All in all, a good day so far!
So now January is here, and as mentioned in my previous post, I am excited! I love starting a new year completely fresh, and I can't wait to see what is in store for 2011. I can't even imagine how much better life can be, but I know that there are a lot more exciting things in store. Peace, love and happiness to everybody!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
HAPPY BELATED BIRTHDAY, Wendy!!!!!!!!!!!
ReplyDeleteWhat a perfect New Year's Eve. We did almost the same thing, except with a turkey dinner. Haha.
Love to you, and Happy New Year!
xoxo
Funny how we were both in bed before 12...I swore to myself that I would never do that. But sleep is so valuable these days :)
ReplyDeleteI wish you the best times in 2011 - and I hope Bella, Victor and I can join you in some of your summer activities!