Not only is he wanting to explore new things, but he is a MAJOR babbler. He is very intent on chatting to us everyday, and at every opportunity that he can get. I think he is fascinated by this discovery, and last night, I was kept awake by his constant chatting at 2 am. After his 2 am feeding, I put him down in his crib and heard him chatting happily away to himself. This was followed by more pushups (to try to get himself to roll over) before he finally put himself to sleep an hour later. I am taking this as a sign that perhaps he needs to be in his own room VERY SOON, because Mama needs her sleep!
Besides the short attention span and sudden interest in being expressive, Griffin is trying so hard to be mobile. He is so determined to roll over, or crawl it seems. He is always pushing his bum up in the air and rocks on his knees. I think at this point, he would settle for either. He is suddenly squirmy, and all of this keeps me thinking, if he is like this now, what is he going to be like when he starts to crawl???
Introducing a new toy to Griffin this morning
Griffin's favorite sitting position, on his belly propped up by a pillow on the couch
He is just gorgeous, Wendy. I am dying over his cuteness...and sooo impressed he can put himself to sleep! That is amazing; maybe he could chat with our anxious little Arden.
ReplyDeleteWe hear you on the 800 different things you never knew you could find to do in your own home.