Friday, January 28, 2011

A Day In My Life

Never enough hours in the day.....a snapshot of a day in my life.

- wake up anywhere between 5-7 am (as Griffin has decided this is his new wakeup time)
- get Griffin ready for the day. Change diapers, change into clothes, wash his face/hands etc.
- carry him into the living room where we say good morning to everything. This includes looking out the window, and seeing what's out there.
- put him in his swinging chair, or exersaucer while I race around to try to make myself something to eat. I usually have about a 5 minute window to do this.
- now morning routine has incorporated making Griffin's breakfast of rice cereal. This is so we can eat together and so that I can try to enjoy eating breakfast without choking it down quickly.
- after breakfast, more playtime for him. Also, try to sqeeze in doing dishes while he is playing.
- then his bottle, which is followed by a nap (hopefully). If I am lucky, I get to close my eyes at this time for a few mins. Also, depending on how long his morning nap is, I catch up on housework, emails etc.

Noon
- after his nap (anywhere between 1-3 hours), wake up and say hello to the world again.
- more playtime and then race around to make lunch for myself. Now, also making lunch for Griffin too (more rice cereal)
- after eating, if he has had a good morning nap, seize the opportunity to take him out. This involves more racing around to ensure he is packed for his outing, bottles in bag, dressed, diapered, car seat and stroller ready to go. Oh, and in between there, I somehow manage to throw some clothes on and slap some makeup on.
- if we have an outing, off we go after lunch. If we do not go out, Griffin may take another afternoon nap (anywhere between 1-3 hours). I seize this opportunity to go for a workout, while hubby watches baby at home.

Evening
- after his afternoon nap/outing, he is usually awake until his bedtime. This is the most challenging part of the day as Jonas and I are usually done and exhausted by this time.
- more playtime and trying to amuse Griffin. I start dinner at around 5. Now, we are on a senior citizen's schedule where we eat dinner by 6.
- dinner time, and trying to feed Griffin at the same time.
- after dinner, more playtime (we usually lose steam by this time, and are basically just watching/listening to Griffin play it out)
- get Griffin ready for bed. He has now decided he does not go to bed until about 9:00.
- at some point here, Jonas and I take turns to shower.
- feed Griffin in his room before he falls asleep.
- We get ready to go to bed as well, and go to sleep the same time as Griffin. I try to catch a couple of hours of sleep before I will need to wake up for his first night feeding.
- and then the day starts all over again

No comments:

Post a Comment