Monday, December 27, 2010

Christmas Time

Christmas came and went in a blink of an eye. At the risk of sounding like a scrooge, I have always been a bit indifferent to Christmas. I do not hate the holiday, nor do I love it. I think over the past few years, I have definitely enjoyed it more and more. And now, Christmas has an entirely new meaning with a baby.

This year was very special, as it was Griffin's first Christmas. Of course, he does not understand what it is yet, but it was fun for us to open up all of his gifts! He got lots of beautiful clothes, toys, and books. We can't wait for him to wear and use all of it. And now Christmas is over, and I can't believe how unbelievably unprepared I was this year. I wanted this year to be the first year to make some new tradtions for Griffin, but unfortunately, it did not happen. I was unable to do any baking, did not send any Christmas cards out, and I couldn't get any stocking stuffers. And the worst crime of all......no presents from Santa to Griffin! Christmas snuck up on us so quickly, and I have still been somewhat feeling the fatigue of motherhood. But excuses, excuses! Next year promises to be a Christmas chalk full of traditions.

And so now that Christmas is over, and 2011 right around the corner, I am starting to get giddy with excitement. I am NOT a winter person at all, and I always find that once January hits, spring and summer comes so much more quickly. I am already planning my summer/spring events with Griffin and am itching, just ITCHING to do these things with him. I can't wait to take him to the beach for the day, and to dip his little toesies in the ocean for the first time, and to build sandcastles. We will take him to Vancouver Island and the Sunshine Coast for his first out-of-city getaways. Picnics in the park, trips to the Farmer's Market, ice cream runs, and endless walks on the trails and seawall. These are the things that get my blood pumping, and I can't wait to share them all with Griffin.

1 comment:

  1. Oh, my heart skipped at the mention of Vancouver Island and the Sunshine Coast. Lucky little West Coast baby. I`m itching to come visit.

    ReplyDelete