Tuesday, December 7, 2010

Some of my favorite things about Griffin

Here is a list of ten of my favorite things about Griffin, in no particular order. Of course there are much more than ten things, but this post would never end if I listed everything.

1. The smell of the top of his head. I think all babies must have that wonderful baby hair smell.
2. His dimpled legs, hands, and dimply smile.
3. When he stares at us, or objects with his big brown eyes. He has this wide-eyed, deer in headlights look that he has mastered.
4. The way he smacks his lips together after he has had a particularly good feeding, and his belly is content.
5. His expressive face. Whenever he is upset, his mouth turns completely upside down in a very exaggerated pout.
6. His perfectly plump, soft cheeks that remind me of fluffy pillows. I kiss these cheeks endlessly, all day long. I realize that I will not be able to get away with this in a few years, as I'm sure this will annoy him to no end.
7. The way he covers his eyes in our arm whenever he wants to go to sleep.
8. How the back of his hair gets all messed up and unruly.
9. When he has some 'alone' time, and lies in his crib quietly for a while, taking his own sweet time to wake up before calling out to us.
10. The way he trusts and loves us. And yes, he does have us wrapped around his finger.

2 comments:

  1. Dear Wendy,
    So sweet, just imagine when Griffin can read and understand how much he is loved.
    In exactly one week, Grandpa and grandma will have a chance to hold him...will he play strange?
    Love,
    Mom.

    ReplyDelete
  2. That is a whole lot of lovable aspects to one tiny, sweet person. I long to see his deer-in-headlights look. I heart him. Arden sends a kiss.

    ReplyDelete