Daddy can do absolutely no wrong in Griffin's eyes, and I have never seen so much adoration between a father and son. When Daddy walks into the room, Griffin's eyes light up and he squeals and smiles with so much giddy excitement. Daddy has the ability to make Griffin laugh in a way that for some reason, I never can. I try to be as goofy as Daddy, but usually, I am met with blank stares from Griffin. Sometimes Daddy will not even try to be funny, yet Griffin will laugh anyways.
I love this bond that they have. I feel like I am a witness to something really special. They seem to have a language of their own. It tickles me to see how much Griffin loves his Daddy. I feel that this bond stemmed from the early hours of Griffin's birth. While I was recovering, Jonas went down to the NICU to be with Griffin. At one point, Griffin turned his head and locked eyes with Jonas while in the incubator. Sometimes Griffin still does this with Daddy, and it touches me to hear Jonas say 'this is the face that Griffin had when he locked eyes with me in the NICU'. Sometimes, I feel so completely overwhelmed with emotion when I think of what an amazing father Jonas is to him. I look after a lot of Griffin's needs, but Jonas deserves so much credit also for the fun and laughter in Griffin's life.
He is SO cute!! Tell him to take cover, I want to eat him alive.
ReplyDelete