Today I had my visit with the OB, and I also completed my gestational diabetes testing. The visit was good, my weight was good and everything else seems to be going well. The gestational diabetes testing was an absolute breeze, and I'm not really sure why there is so much resistence to it from some pregnant women. I had to drink about 50 grams of this sweet orange liquid which tasted exactly like orange pop. True, it did have more acid and it did burn my throat for a bit after. But probably the worst part of the whole test was having to wait an hour for it to work its way into my bloodstream, before I could get some blood drawn. I was lucky as Jonas came with me to my appointment and it made the time go by more quickly.
I talked to my OB about a couple of discomforts I had been having lately. One of them is a pain that has stemmed in my left buttock. I thought that maybe it was a sciatica nerve, but it just appears that it needs some stretching out. The longer I am immobile, the more pain I will feel in that area when I try to walk or stand up. I have also already started having some Braxton Hicks contractions, to start prepping me for the birth. I thought it would be much too soon to be experiencing this, but apparently, it is pretty normal to have these contractions after the 20th week. I didn't even realize that was what it was until I read it in my pregnancy book, and consulted my doctor on it. Your abdomen gets very hard and seizes for about 30 seconds to a minute before it becomes soft again. I have been having these for about the past week around 3-5 times a day. This has all made me wonder if the baby will make an early appearance. I don't know why, but I seem convinced that I will be having an early labour. Baby Ng seems extremely persistent, and I always get the feeling that it wants to come out and meet us. And while of course we can't wait to meet him/her either, I have to tell it to stay in a bit longer as I don't even have a plan to stop working until about a week before my due date. And plus, we still need to get the little nursery ready, along with everything else so it really needs to stay put for just a wee bit longer.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment