Monday, June 14, 2010

Sunny Weekend in Vancouver

It was a lovely weekend in Vancouver, and actually started feeling more like June! Jonas and I went to check out the UBC Farmer's Market. We have lived in this area for two years (Jonas longer) but this is the first time we actually checked it out. I didn't even know this farm existed until this weekend! It was a small market, but I think as the summer goes on, there will be more stalls and kiosks. But we had a wonderful morning, walking around, sampling breads and dips, grabbing coffee, and buying some organic arugula and radishes. Then we walked around the farm and looked at the cows, chickens and all the vegetable gardens. It was very neat to think that it was so close to our house, yet we really did feel like we were out in the country. Note to self, must remember to bring camera next time. For sure we will be returning there this summer, and eagerly spoke of bringing our baby there next year.

As my energy seems to be back on the upswing these days, I also headed down to Kits beach to hang out with Linda, Bella Felicia and Linda's friend Agata. Our original intent was to go for a walk, but we ended up being leisurely and parked a blanket on the grass to chat and play with BF. It was a great way to spend a sunny afternoon, and I even got a little sunburned! Typically, by this time of year, I am quite tanned due to dragon boating practices. But I think this was the first time that I had been out in the sun for such a long period of time, so I was quite surprised to see that I was red when I got home.

To cap off the weekend, Jonas and I got another little surprise from our little jellybean. I was sitting on the couch, talking to the baby when all of a sudden, I SAW their little foot kick me. The baby had been punching and kicking me quite a bit lately. But this time, I could actually SEE it from the outside. I immediately called Jonas over, and after a few more kicks, he noticed it as well. We are going to try to catch it on tape at some point, but it may take a while as I don't know if the baby can do it on command.

1 comment:

  1. Yes! That is the most wonderful and amazing thing to see! It was probably the best part of my pregnancy!

    ReplyDelete