Monday, June 21, 2010

Alcan Dragon Boat Festival

This was a big weekend for my dragon boat friends, as it was the annual Rio Tinto Alcan Dragon Boat festival. The festival lasts for two days, bringing together teams from all over. This is my first year of not doing it, but I went down to the race site on Saturday to cheer my team on, and to visit with our friends. Our team did amazingly well this year, and all I could think of was that perhaps I was the dead weight in the boat that kept our team from winning in previous years! It was nice to be able to be a spectator, walk around, enjoy the sunshine and to not have to rush to go marshall or race. Here is a picture of me and a few of my Gung Haggis friends:

2 comments:

  1. Look at that sweet little belly poking out!!!!!

    Love, love, love. You look completely gorgeous, Wendy. xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  2. My team also did the best they ever have without me this year! ha ha - and I felt the same as you.. Ummm, was it ME holding you back?!

    ReplyDelete