Monday, June 7, 2010

24 Weeks

It seemed like only yesterday that I was writing to say that I was 20 weeks. And now I am at 24 weeks. In four more weeks, I will be at the tail end of my pregnancy, and beginning my third trimester. Where does the time go?

I am undoubtedly feeling quite pregnant by this time. Most of my aches and pains occur during the evening. Nothing severe, but it is very uncomfortable for me to sit upright for long periods of time. Usually I alternate between sitting up, and lying down. I find that it takes a bit longer for me to walk to places, and bending down seems a bit more of an ordeal. But otherwise, I think my pregnancy is still going very well and I do think I am extremely lucky to have had such an easy one so far.

Jonas and I think we can sort of tell which position the baby is in now too. When its back is to the front of my belly, my belly feels lumpy and hard. But when it is facing the other way, we know that the front is facing my belly. We read this in our What to Expect Pregnancy book. Also, I think I can now tell when baby is hitting me with fists vs little feet. And I can tell when baby is hiccuping. Indeed our baby is very active and I love that. I asked my OB if it had anything to do with their personality, and she said that smaller people tend to feel the baby's activities more so than a person that has a bit more extra padding on them.

Psychologically, I have started having fears of what I assume all first time parents have. Having spoken with Linda, I know that a lot of the fears that I have are very normal and common. Again, having somebody around like Linda who was in the exact same position as me a year ago, has helped considerably. Having Jonas around to reassure me has also helped, and I know that together we will make a good team.

3 comments:

  1. Dear Wendy,
    What an amazing journey so far...you and Jonas are more knowledgeable parents-to-be than dad and me.
    It seems that you are dealing with your pregnancy well. Great that you have Linda as your support person, to share and to talk with.
    Take care and enjoy the coming 115 days as a couple...before mommy and daddy and baby make a perfect team of three!
    Love,
    Mom.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh, hooray! Now it's flying for sure :).

    I think we need an updated belly picture (please?!).

    Lots of love. We think of you guys every day.

    xoxo Tabitha

    ReplyDelete
  3. I can't believe it's already 24 weeks! You are so close to experiencing the most amazing and emotional moment of your life...and it will just keep getting more and more amazing as time goes by. So glad I can help you through some of your fears and am even more glad that soon, we get to be moms together!

    ReplyDelete