When we returned from our babymoon, we got together with our paddling friends for an evening out. It started out with dinner in Chinatown, followed by the Vancouver Chinese Night market. Then in our usual typical fashion of having no plan at all whatsoever, we ended up going for a long walk and ended up at an authentic little Mexican place for tacos. That was followed by more walking around before ending up at Campagnolo's on Main Street for coffee, desert and conversation. It has been a while since Jonas and I went out with this particular group of people and it truly felt like old times. We spoke of how inseparable we were the first year that we all met and paddled together, and even though there are longer time gaps now in between our visits, things never really change. We are all as odd and quirky as ever.
I am gearing up tomorrow for my ob appointment where they will be doing some gestational diabetes testing. Apparently, a lot of pregnant women really dread this testing, but to me, it doesn't really seem like it will be that bad. I'm remaining optimistic about it anyways.
On the homefront, Jonas and I are now in the beginning phases of baby prep mode. We have started deep cleaning our apartment. Or rather, Jonas has started. I shouldn't really be taking the credit for his work. But we have started going through our things in the second bedroom and purging what we don't need. The official decorating of the nursery hasn't happened yet, but it's a work in progress. Time is flying by much too quickly, and I can't believe that we will only have a few more months alone together!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment