I think my hormones have been doing a number on me again, as I have found a complete switch in emotions. All the fear and apprehension that I had previously, seems to be replaced with feelings of an 'I can do anything' attitude. I find that I have growing excitement again, and right now even the prospect of child birth does not seem to phase me. That has been one of my biggest worries is the pain that will be endured during labour. Over the years, I have heard all sorts of horror stories, and I am sure that every women has experienced this anxiety. Especially since I am the type of person that has a low pain threshold, so I have no idea how I am going to be during this time. But then again, I never knew how I would be during pregnancy and I have handled it just fine so far, so maybe I am just preparing for the worst and just need to go with the flow. I also feel much more emotional, and actually found myself in tears on the bus thinking of our baby. Although I am madly in love with every little kick, flip and twist inside of me, I am filled with such a longing to smell and hold him/her for the first time. I am convinced now that the baby knows my voice and Jonas' as it does seem to respond to either when we talk to it. The baby also responds very quickly to our touch, and I think it recognizes our hands too.
On a side note, Jonas has only two more weekends of extensive school and I am sooo looking forward to it! I am sure that he is looking forward to it more than I am, since he has worked so hard for the last four years. We have a little celebration planned afterwards that we are both looking forward to. And once his school is over, we will be in full on baby mode, and finally able to start the preparations and planning for baby's homecoming.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
Big hugs to you, Wendy. I miss you a lot during this time, and wish we lived closer so we could walk and talk in the evenings. But tons of love from afar. We should have a phone date soon. And huge congratulations to Jonas on being so near the end -- an accomplishment for sure, and well-timed!
ReplyDeleteDear Wendy,
ReplyDeleteI want to thank you for being such a solid support of Jonas throughout his years of study. I am also proud of the perseverance and focus that Jonas has towards school and the excellent results he has achieved. As he embarks on another phase of his life, I am sure that he would be a devoted husband and father. Also from afar like Tabitha, we send our love and all the best wishes in the world, to the expecting parents!
Love,
Mom.
I've fallen behind, and just read this entry now. I think it's natural to feel apprehensive, excited, optimistic, overwhlemed, etc. all at the same time. Please just know that there are so many people who love and support you and Jonas and your little one, and we are here for you.
ReplyDelete