Sunday, April 10, 2011

Making a move

So after much deliberation (a year and a half) and thought, we finally decided to move. It wasn't that much of a difficult decision this time. Griffin is crawling and our place is not exactly child-proof friendly. Right now, we feel so badly that we have to confine him to a very small area in our living room to crawl, when we know he wants so badly to be able to expand larger territory.

Our move is not exactly far. Five minutes away to be exact. We thought about moving to the burbs, looked at places......In the end, we realized that we are still not suburban people and we can't sacrifice the city yet. We also do not want to spend a long time commuting from work, because that will mean less time with Griffin. Especially when I return back to work. I do not want to be spending the majority of my time trying to get home. Once I am finished work for the day, I want to be home in no longer than half an hour so I can squeeze in every second with my son until bedtime. And although it probably doesn't make sense, the place we chose has smaller square footage. Most new families choose much larger places. But we wanted to simplify our lives and spend less time cleaning. So although it has less square footage, Griffin is able to basically crawl through the whole place.

The quality time with Griffin surpasses anything and everything. I would gladly sacrifice so many things in order to be able to get that time with him. If we have to pay higher rent to live in the city, and live in a smaller place that is more child-friendly, I would do this over and over. I think eventually we will make our way out to the burbs, but for now, we feel this would be the easiest transition for all of us.

Needless to say, moving SUCKS at the best of time. Throw a baby into the mix and it is next to impossible! Really, the packing is the hard part. I feel anything after that is merely a temporary inconvenience. But we are anxious to leave, so we are confident it will get done. And hopefully, Griffin will like his new home!

2 comments:

  1. Dear Wendy,
    I got it back...reading your blog is fun, informative and kept me in touch with you, Jonas and little Griffin...

    Hope the little family have a smooth move...

    Love,
    Mom.

    ReplyDelete
  2. It sounds perfect -- there is nothing like city life. Can't wait to see pictures. Wishing you all good things for your upcoming move. I hope it's quick and as painless as can be. xo

    ReplyDelete