Friday, April 8, 2011

7 Months Old

In six hours and twenty minutes, Griffin will be seven months old. What can I say? It's been seven months of pure, delicious joy. Tonight as we were playing with him in bed, Jonas brought out our old wedding video to show him. Of course, all he wanted to do was eat the camcorder. But it made Jonas and I reminiscent. Our wedding day was amazing. Beautiful. Awesome. So weird to think that back then, Griffin was not even born or exist. It was so hard to believe this, as we watched our rambunctious son playing on the bed next to us, rolling around, and blabbing away in his baby talk. A real live person with hair, skin, bones and a personality. A person that we created.

I have noticed that after six months of age, the milestones in his life seem to come quite quickly. The first few months of his life seemed like a bit of a waiting game. Waiting for his first smile, waiting for his first laugh, waiting for his first roll. Now it seems that as he matures and realizes his independence, he wants to do more and more things. He sits up quite well on his own now. Several minutes in fact. This has really expanded our activities, as he can now play independently with toys other than his Jumperoo and Exersaucer. We have loads of fun, playing on the floor together and exploring all the bells and whistles on his toys. We spend a good part of our morning doing this together.

As mentioned a few days ago, he is working on his crawling. Right now, he is crawling in a 'commando' fashion, using only one side of his body to crawl. But he is getting much quicker at this. One minute he will be on the floor, I'll turn around for a second and he has already taken off.

I feel like he will stand early too. He has already taken to hoisting himself up his knees. Sometimes, he will try to grab onto my shoulders and hoist himself up from his knees, but will not make it past that. I am grateful for this because I am not sure if I am ready for him to stand or walk yet!

I am also trying to teach him to wave. Currently, when he is happy or approves of something, he will flap his arm up and down. Today I waved to him in the mirror, and he mimicked me. But I'm not sure if it was an actual wave, or if he was just happy.

I've also been trying to teach him to say 'mama', 'dada' and to give me a kiss. So far, he hasn't caught on to any of these things yet, but I am waiting with baited breath.

Griffin is such a bundle of energy, sometimes I have no idea where he gets it from. And when I say he can be rambunctious, I mean he really can be! Mostly in the safe confines of our home, but he definitely has that mischievous little boy quality. In public, we always hear comments from strangers about what a quiet little baby he is. And he is. But once we are at home, it is a whole different story.

Thank you beautiful son for showing us how fun life can be.

1 comment:

  1. Aww, I love that he commando crawls. Too cute.

    Happy seven months of life, Griffin!

    Love you.

    ReplyDelete