Tuesday, November 30, 2010

Remembering Griffin in my belly

Today as I was rocking Griffin to sleep, I couldn't help but think of a different time. A time when he was in my belly, and we were waiting for his arrival with anticipation. Perhaps it is the rainy weather, but I feel very nostalgic for that time. I recalled the moment that we first found out that we were pregnant, having our very first ultrasound where Griffin was about the size of a peanut, hearing his heartbeat for the first time, and his first movements and his first kicks.

Then I looked down at his perfect face, and still can't believe that he is all ours. We created this amazing human being, a combination of the two of us. We feel such enormous love for him, that it is indescribable. Griffin has challenged us, yet given us the greatest gift of all.

I actually miss being pregnant. I never thought I would say that, but it's true. It was such a special time in our lives. Despite some discomfort, and aches and pains, I relished every moment of it. And I am so thankful that I documented everything on this blog. One day, I hope that Griffin will want to read this, so he knows what he means to us.

3 comments:

  1. So sweet Wendy. I don't have many fond memories of being pregnant unfortunately...it was all a haze of sick. Yet I still contemplate doing it again!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Dear Wendy,
    I remember talking about the very private time you shared with baby during your pregnancy, it certainly was a very special time. Baby was then enveloped in your womb and love, now Griffin is the centre of attention and the life focus of you and Jonas. There will be ups and downs...do take care of yourselves and enjoy this incredible bond of parenthood!
    Love,
    Mom

    ReplyDelete
  3. Isn't it something that we spend 9 months anticipating their arrival, and wishing the weeks would fly, and then, looking back, the anticipation and the mystery was so precious in its own right?

    ReplyDelete