Thursday, November 11, 2010

The Next Day

So it's the day after the dreaded first immunization shots, and my son is such a trooper! I was so worried, but I guess I had nothing to worry about. He handled it like a tough little man. He cried for about ten seconds, and then after a bit of consoling, he was fine. The bad part is that my doctor ran out of vaccinations, so Griffin only received two out of the three shots that he was supposed to have. Which means, we have to go back next week to get the third one, but that shouldn't be too bad. Oh, and the doctor weighed him and Griffin is now a whopping 12 lbs! He has grown so much in the past two months. I can hardly believe this is the same baby we brought home, when he was only a mere 5 lbs, 14 ozs.

After a trip to the doctor's office, it was off to Popo's house to meet up with his Aunt and cousins. He was rewarded with some more presents and goodies. This child has more clothes than Jonas and I put together now. Popo also gave him a blanket that she crocheted just for him. He is a very lucky boy to have so much attention.

Here is another picture of him, our only smiling one so far. Happy nine weeks of life!

3 comments:

  1. Dear Wendy,
    I am sorry to miss the chance to see Griffin the other night...what a smile!
    Can't wait to see him in December.
    Glad that there is a routine of sort and you are able to sleep a bit more...
    Love,
    Mom

    ReplyDelete
  2. Look at that smile!! LOVE him; he is sooo handsome. I'm really glad his shots went well. xo

    ReplyDelete
  3. That smile is delicious! And thank goodness for a good immunization experience!

    ReplyDelete