Monday, July 19, 2010

Sleepy Monday

Can you say, exhausted???? Monday's at the best of time, are not very good. But this one is a doozy. I had a very busy, but also productive weekend so I can't really complain.

We celebrated my mom's birthday on Friday night with a big Chinese dinner at a Chinese restaurant. Half of the meal was good, although I couldn't eat the other half of it. I was under my mother's watchful gaze, and most of the items we ordered happened to be seafood. Even though I have been sneaking it in here and there for the past seven months (prawns/shrimp mostly), I had to make it look like I have been completely abstaining from it. It was easier to not give in to it, than to face the wrath. And why the no seafood policy? I am not even sure of my mother's reason why. According to research, there is quite a lot of seafood that pregnant ladies are allowed to eat. Just as long as it is cooked and doesn't fall under the high mercury count. But I honestly feel it is just better to do as I am told than to try to argue about it. I believe I am also starting to think like a mother, and realize that if I really didn't want my child to do something, I would hope that he/she would respect me on it.

The next day, Jonas and I headed out to Richmond to watch our dragon boat team race. It was a beautiful day out, and they cleaned up with medals! They received a silver medal in the A division, and they won the challenge course contest which guarantees them free registration for the Richmond race next year. The spirits were definitely high, and they deserved it for all of their hard work this past year. Once again, I had to ask myself, was I the dead weight in the boat??? What is up with all these medals??? I am seriously proud of them, and will continue to cheer them on from the sidelines. Afterwards, we crashed a post-race barbecue at our friend's house. Twenty five people in his condo was a lot of people, but it was fun to hang out with them. Of course I left my camera at home, so will post a few pictures from that race tomorrow.

Then on Sunday, Jonas and I went on a baby shopping spree. It had been on our 'to do' list for a while, so we headed to the mall and spent a few hours there. We bought a lot of necessities such as diapers, baby wipes, more onesies, receiving blankets, baby bottles, a couple of soothers, wash cloths, nail clippers etc. A lot of the time, Jonas and I were pretty clueless and would stand in front of things wondering, do we need this? Or asking each other, what is this for? Do we get this kind, or that kind? It was a good bonding shopping trip though, and we are grateful that we are doing it together and learning together. My sister-in-law Kim, has also generously given us some items already, so we are very grateful. Now we just have to purchase our big items, and if I deliver early, we will almost be set.

3 comments:

  1. I am exhausted too! Ha ha - not for the same reasons I guess :) But I feel ya on that today Wendy, for sure! I could curl up here at my desk.

    Sounds like you are doing great and forging along with the most positive of attitudes though, which is inspiring. And you look great.
    xo

    ReplyDelete
  2. Time is flying now! So happy you had a little spree. Isn't it so much fun (and so surreal) to have baby things filling up the house?!

    ReplyDelete
  3. No, you were NOT dead weight in the boat!!

    ReplyDelete