Tuesday, July 13, 2010

The Home Stretch


29 Weeks......

Alas, we have made it to 29 weeks beautiful baby! My heart is bursting with joy at how strong you are! Yes, you do keep me awake at times, and yes, you do like to jump around in my belly a lot, but these are all signs that you are a very HEALTHY baby. I was a bit concerned about all the hyperactivity, but after doing some research on the internet, a hyper baby inside of you does not mean a hyper baby once it is out. It just means that your baby is very healthy and that I am one of the fortunate ones that is able to feel its every movement.

It is the home stretch now, my final trimester. Our friends Amir and Tabitha had their baby over the weekend, and it's hard to believe that I will be next! After seeing pictures of their little girl, I am starting to grow a bit impatient and want to meet our baby. The speculation of whether we are having a boy or girl is also starting to drive me batty, as I can barely stand the suspense now! But I do not regret my decision at all, in not finding out the sex beforehand. I love trying to guess and the anticipation of it. In the beginning, we were so sure of what we were going to have. But now it seems to change daily, so I really have no idea anymore if we will have a boy or girl.

My symptoms to date are not too bad. I think I am still holding up as well as can be. I have had a lot of people remark that I look quite small still for being seven months pregnant. But I really cannot judge that for myself. I am quite mobile and as active as I can be. I try to go for a walk at least an hour a day, if possible. If that is not possible, then an hour of exercise for five days. I am eating as healthy as I can, and my only real vices are sweets. Funny enough, I have not been plagued with any weird pregnancy cravings whatsoever. There is not one single thing that I must have, all the time.

Jonas continues to be my rock and support during all of this. But I must say, I do think he got off easy too :) I do not have any crazy mood swings at all, and have been pretty mellow and relaxed throughout this pregnancy. But he has been an absolutely perfect husband, making sure I am as comfortable as I can be, and taking up the slack on all the housework.

3 comments:

  1. Dear Wendy,
    What anticipation!
    We visited a couple whom we got to know during the China trip a couple of years ago. Now they have a 13 month old baby, who is healthy and strong...curious, walking and exploring all the time. I can't imagine how his mom was watching him every minute, making sure that he does not get hurt while not hampering his curiosity. Good that both of you are athletic and strong enough, good preparation for chasing baby around. In no time, s/he would be exploring the world, and you are his/her protector and interpreter. Tiring, but so wonderful.
    Love,
    Mom.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I can't believe you're so close! It's crazy how quickly time flies...you know, I have never felt this way but I already feel so close to your little baby and she/he's not even made an appearance yet...

    ReplyDelete