This week, two more of Griffin's teeth erupted. This now makes teeth five and six. It seems to be a bit of a trend that Griffin's teeth seem to come out in two's. The bottom two came out first, then the top two, and now the other top ones. These new teeth were not quite as painful as his previous two front teeth. I suspect it is because his top teeth are bigger, and now resemble chic-lets gum. But perhaps the new teeth did not seem as painful because he has been trying to recover from a horrible cold/flu for the past week, which has now passed onto Mumma. Fingers crossed, it doesn't reach Daddy.
All in all, it's been a busy week of round-the-clock caring and TLC for the little guy. He has also decided that he is now overly curious about absolutely everything. I mean, Griffin was curious before, but now he is SUPER curious. When we are at home, I spend a lot of my time chasing him or following him around, to make sure he doesn't get into things he shouldn't. I literally need eyes in the back of my head 24/7 to be able to watch him all the time. He loves crawling under our dining table and in between the dining room chairs, going into corners, trying to crawl onto the shelf on our coffee table, and basically any nook and cranny he can squeeze into. Discipline is becoming a big thing in our household. We are trying to be consistent and say 'no' all the time when he should not be doing something. But he is at the age where I'm sure he knows the word 'no', but he does not obey it at all. It is somewhat cute, but also very unfuriating! I wonder how many other mothers experience this? Anyways, all of this chasing around has been leaving me with little blogging time.
In other cute news, Griffin has learned how to kiss. He doesn't know how to pucker his lips completely yet, or make the kissing sound, but he gives very slow, deliberate open-mouthed kisses. It's his new thing. He will come up to you and stare you in the eyes and move in very slowly to kiss you. It is my absolute favorite thing in the world. He always seems so pleased with himself after we thank him for the millionth time for that wonderful display of affection.
We still continue to be amazed by this little monkey. Everyday, Jonas and I ask each other, when did this baby become such a little boy????
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
He sounds like so much fun! Kiss him back for us. I'm sorry you guys have had such a rough go of things - that's a lot at once! Hopefully the teeth will give you a bit of reprieve now and sickness will leave you alone for awhile. Huge hugs.
ReplyDelete