Oh dear, Father's Day this year did not go the way I had hoped at all. On Saturday, Griffin and I got struck with some kind of virus. Intestinal for me, and the beginnings of a bad cold for Griffin. By Sunday, I was operating (but at half mast), while Griffin was in the throes of his cold. To date, it's the worst one for him yet. And in the middle of it all is Daddy. Daddy gets to take care of all of us on his special day. Daddy stayed up at night with Griffin when Griffin couldn't sleep. Daddy rocked Griffin for endless hours, trying to console an unconsolable baby. Daddy played with Griffin to distract him from his runny nose, and poor little seal cough. Daddy gave him his medicine in the wee hours of the morning, and Daddy has been helping him with his nebulizer treatments(because unfortunately aside from being sick with a cold, we just found out we have a baby with some allergie issues). And Daddy did all of this without complaining one little bit. And to add to the already long list of things that Daddy does, he has been getting up for the past month to do Griffin's night feedings, just so Mumma can get some extra hours of sleep. And may I add that Daddy already has to get up at 4:30 am to go to work, so these night feedings cannot be easy on him.
So I was disappointed that Daddy did not get the special day that he so deserves. I had a picnic all planned for him, but things obviously did not work out that way. Griffin did buy Daddy a special card and put his own little signature scribble on it. And he also bought Daddy a gift certificate to a spa for a ninety minute massage. These are just such small things to buy him compared to the never-ending things that Daddy does. We are so, so, so, SO grateful to have Daddy in our life. I cannot imagine any other person that works as hard as him, loves and takes care of us as much, and would go to the ends of the Earth for us.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
This is my favourite entry ever. So sweet. Happy Father's Day to Jonas, and a million and one hugs and kisses to you and Griffin. I hope you're both 100% better soon. And tell more about his allergies when you can, please.
ReplyDeleteLove you. xoxo
A belated happy Father's Day to the perfect family of three...get better soon!
ReplyDeleteLove,
Mom.