Yesterday was Griffin's six month checkup with the doctor, and the dreaded six month immunization. The checkup was good. Griffin is slightly above his normal age group in length. And in weight, he is exactly where he should be at 17.2 lbs. The doctor proclaimed him to be 'a perfect baby' and I couldn't agree more!
After our experience last time with the needle, I was not looking forward to this one. The needle part was actually fine. He barely made a whimper when it happened. But in the evening, Griffin became very restless and we couldn't wind him down for bed. I'm not sure what it is about the needle that causes him to be so unsettled at night, or if it is just a coincidence. In any case, he wasn't crying inconsolably last night, he just wanted to stay up and hang out with Jonas and I to play! So last night, he didn't go to bed until 9:00, MUCH later than his usual bedtime of 6:30.
And speaking of his usual bedtime, this daylight savings time has REALLY thrown everything off schedule for us. Griffin has been pretty consistent for a while with his naps and bedtime. Morning nap time around 10:30, afternoon nap time around 2:30, and rubbing eyes and ready for bed around 6:40 pm. The first day of daylight savings, everything was pushed up an hour which was to be expected. And then after that, everything has been sort of all over the place. Not impressed with daylight savings this year. Especially the lost hour of sleep!
Since Griffin turned six months last week, he has learned to do a few new things.
- he is constantly blowing raspberries and bubbles
- he can now sit up unassisted for about 30 seconds to a minute
- he is quite flexible. I caught him licking his foot the other day.
- he really likes food now. He has given his stamp of approval for green peas, bananas and carrots. The doctor said we could try meat, but I think I'll wait a few weeks before then.
- he seems on the verge of crawling. This occupies a very big part of his day. He wants to be on his tummy all the time, and will rock on his knees for a long time, hoping to be able to move. He has figured out he can use his head to help him move.
I have not decided if I want him to crawl yet. I think once he can, I will be chasing him all over the house! And then the next thing to come will be child-proofing. Yikes!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
Hooray for a healthy, perfect Griffin!
ReplyDeleteAt the hospital the weekend before last, Arden weighed 17lbs 6oz, so they are about the same size (even though two months separate them), which is adorable.