After much speculation and analyzing, Jonas and I have deduced Griffin's recent behaviours as his 6 week growth spurt. We initially thought that maybe he was going through his 'purple' crying stage, but a growth spurt seems to make more sense. For the past few days, he has taken on a different persona. We affectionately refer to this persona as 'crazy eyes'. One evening out of nowhere, Griffin looked at Jonas and I with these crazy, wild eyes. This can be compared to a deer in headlights look, not blinking at all. This was followed by loud crying until we fed him. Once we fed him, he couldn't eat enough. We had to feed him over and over until he was satisfied. He has been doing this like clockwork, every evening from 7-10 pm. Now that we know what to expect, we wait with bottle in hand and can start to see the early signs of 'crazy eyes' come on. We try to nip this in the bud on time, because once he gets hyped up, there is no calming him down.
Unfortunately, all of this means he is much fussier than usual and not sleeping at all. I thought the sleep deprivation could not get worse, but it has. Now, Griffin himself is not sleeping and kept us up the entire night, clustering for food. At least before, we were able to get an hour of sleep with him here and there. Now, I try to steal a 5 minute catnap while I feed him, sitting up. Jonas even suggested taking a nap in the car, while we were on the way to go to my mom's. It seems that recently, we are not particular and will try to catch a couple of minutes of sleep wherever we can. Or at least close our eyes for 5 minutes.
I forgot to mention that the dr said that he is at the age where he could start sleeping through the night any day now. Jonas and I laughed in his face, and told him that Griffin has never slept longer for more than 2 hours in one night! I am not holding my breath, waiting for this to happen. If he does, we will obviously be pleasantly surprised but right now, it seems like a pipe dream.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
Awwww...I wish I could see his "crazy eyes".
ReplyDeleteWe feel for you on the no sleep. Arden has regressed a bit in that department, and now we realize how good we had it!
xxoo
I can't believe the doctor told you he should be sleeping through the night by now! That's a really funny joke! I would've laughed in his face too :)
ReplyDelete