Yesterday, I looked at the calendar and literally said to myself 'holy crap, you're fourteen months old tomorrow!' When did that sneak up on me??? Since I returned to work, the time goes by that much quicker. And since I returned to work and don't see you for eight hours, you seem more mature to me daily. I literally have to stop and catch my breath often when I look at you. You are so, so, so, SO very adorable. I know that every parent thinks their child hung the moon, but we really, truly believe you did. We cannot stop talking about you. Even long after you have gone to sleep, we are in utter amazement over how cute you are. And we laugh over every little thing you do. And my heart melts daily at how SWEET you are. You are SO sweet, more than I ever dreamed. You seem to have a very generous nature. You love to share, and you love to share things with us. Everytime we give you your favorite snack of Cheerios, you always pop some into our mouths too.
You are also learning to appreciate things. When I gave you a belated birthday present from Linda, Victor and Bella, you were delighted. You clapped your hands and came over and gave me a big hug and kiss (even though I had to explain that they were not from me- wouldn't want to mislead you!)
And yes, you are a cuddler. And a hugger, and a kisser. You still love to plant those repeated kisses on us, and show your love. I feel as though my heart is going to burst into a million pieces when we have those moments.
You still love music, perhaps even more now since your music classes. Whenever you hear music, you start to sway side to side. It's pretty darn cute watching you sway back and forth to music.
You are walking more now too. I spent this past weekend encouraging you to take more steps alone, and guiding you by holding your hands. Together, we trekked through our house. And you loved every single moment of it. I am so thankful that this was a milestone that I didn't miss out on.
You love your Daddy-filled days. And you worship the ground that he walks on. It is very clear for me to see the bond that you two share. It is quite special, and quite different from the one that you and I share.
You are really retaining a lot more information now. When we show you some picture books, you can recognize some objects. We have one book about colors, and it shows you different things of that color. There is one page that is yellow and it shows banana, cheese etc. Everytime you see that page, you pretend to eat the book and make eating sounds. We figure it's because of your love of cheese.
You also love Elmo, Sesame Street and trains. This will make Christmas shopping easy this year as it has given us some ideas. And speaking of Christmas, this year, we have vowed to have your picture taken with Santa.
We cherish every moment with you, and are relishing being first time parents. Happy fourteen months my dear boy.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
How vivid you have portrayed your experience as a mom, and your description moves me tremendously. What a lovely little family...
ReplyDelete