Sunday, October 9, 2011

13 Months Old

Thirteen months old today, and still as cute as can be. Since I have documented your latest milestones lately, there are only a few more things to add to the list. Here they are:
- You can add 'chin' to the list of body parts that you know, making it a total of three. However, whenever I ask you to point to it, you only know where my chin is. You have yet been able to figure out where your own is.
- You are standing up tons on your own. We caught you standing up on our bed a couple of times. Not an easy feat in my opinion as the bed is not exactly a hard surface.
- You are repeating words after we say them now, and trying to learn to talk. You are somewhat close. You usually get the first letter right. When you try to say 'belly button', you do start out with a 'b' sound. When you imitate 'chin', you say something like 'gin'.
- You are a very, very, very sweet little boy. There is not one ounce of aggression in you that we can see so far. You are wildly curious about everything, and like to move A LOT, but other than that, there is nothing hyper-active or forceful about your personality.
- You eat pretty much everything that a one year old can eat. Mealtimes have been somewhat less stressful, now that you are self-feeding. You love the fact that you are doing it on your own.
- You clap at everything you are happy about. You even clap for us when you think we have done a good job at something. When I vacuum, you always clap for me afterwards. Like I said, you are the sweetest little boy on earth.
- You love to say 'hi' to everything and everybody. It's your new thing. You go around chirping 'hi, hi, hi'. When I push you in the stroller for our walks, I can hear you saying hi to strangers on the street.
- You seem to be obsessed with dogs right now. You point out every dog we see.
- You still seem to love stacking and sorting. You have also discovered how much fun it is to take things out of my purse or Daddy's backpack, and inspect everything. Then you like to put everything back in. This provides great entertainment for you.
- You shake your head 'no' at every question. Even when we say, 'Griffin, how old are you?' You will just shake your head 'no'. I think anything that has a question mark sound at the end of it, prompts you to shake your head.
- You are starting to lose your chubby baby feet. This seems like a weird observation, but one that I noticed yesterday. I have been devouring your fat little feet for months. But now, they seem to be taking shape and you are getting an arch. I love those little baby feet! I'm sad to see them go!
- You are a bit of a lean baby. On our last one year checkup, the doctor pronounced you 19 lbs. You seem long though, and I can never quite remember the length that you are.

If we never give you a baby brother or sister, I am more than ok with this. You have given us enough joy of ten children, I am just so happy and proud to have you in my life.

1 comment: