So I can't believe we have passed the 15 month old mark without so much as an update. This is what happens when everybody is sick at home, and life gets chaotic. Since we are past the 15 month mark, this is more of an update on you.
- You are continuing to walk everywhere. In fact, we are a bit sad now that those crawling days are over. Well it's a happy/sad combination. Walking is SO much easier than having to carry you everywhere. But walking also means that you get into much more stuff. You've taken quite a liking to our bathroom drawers (which we still have to baby prooof)and you love to empty our q-tips all over.
- Since you love to walk everywhere, you are obsessed with going outside. We haven't been walking outside much lately, due to weather and sickness. But when we do, it is the highlight of your day. We took you to the playground a few weeks back and let you loose. You fell a few times, but now the playground has an entirely different perspective for you.
- You are a bit rough and tumble and love to horseplay with Daddy. Sometimes this worries me, as I see you take tumble after tumble. But you do love it. You think of Daddy as a jungle gym, and love to crawl all over his back and hang onto his limbs.
- The next major milestone I am waiting for is SPEECH. Oh, I will be celebrating when you are able to start talking to us. You still say quite a bit of jibberish. There are a couple of words that you do know, but I'm not always sure if you know when/where to use them. You say 'good', 'done', and 'ban' a lot. And you say 'bay' and we have no idea what that means, but you reference that word quite a bit. You also say 'hi', and I have caught you say 'bye-bye'.
- You hold everything up to your ear, and pretend you are talking on the phone. It doesn't matter what object it is, you like to have these pretend conversations. And they are quite lengthy and intense sometimes.
- You have to do everything for yourself. While we admire this independance, sometimes it is not always reasonable for you to do everything on your own.
- You do not really like eating. I am sure that this is a phase that will pass one day. Just like I am sure that one day, you will wake up and decide you love food and eat us out of house and home.
And the fun continues........
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment