Has it really been almost 2 months since my last post? Wow, that's a long time. Well, all for the simple fact that time is going by in a whirl. And since that time, I'm not sure if there is anything new to report on. Other than the fact that you are halfway to a whopping two years old today! Nothing has changed in terms of how we view you- you are still the cutest child we have ever laid our eyes on. And not sure how it is possible, but I feel like I love you more every day. I would move heaven and earth for you, sacrifice anything and everything. When I come home after spending a very long nine hours away from you, nothing matters more than when you run into my arms and plop yourself down into my lap. This seems to be your favorite position with me. You always like to sit in my lap. And strangely, you do this more with me than you do with Daddy. You are still babbling away like crazy. And if you listen carefully, I can decipher what you are trying to say. It doesn't come across clearly, and I'm sure most other people would not be able to tell what you are saying. But I can get the gist of it.
Your music classes have served you very well. You have a great passion for music. As soon as you hear some familiar songs, you light up and start to sing, dance, move to it......It tickles me to see you with such confidence when it comes to music. And although your favorite instrument was previously the drums, lately it has been the guitar. You love picking up your toy guitar (and tennis racket) and pretend you are strumming along.
Since you have gotten some of your molars, you are an eating machine. When we were at White Spot last week, we couldn't believe how much you were consuming. And I can't keep up with the fruit fast enough. It seems that every couple of days I am off to buy fruit. It's good to know my growing boy is eating at last!
You still love to be carried, but I think it has more to do with you being able to see things that are higher up. Whatever the case, I admittedly indulge you. The majority of the time, you love to walk and go for walks. In fact, we rarely bring your stroller with us unless we are going for long periods of time (and walking far).
It is safe to say that we are very excited for summer. We take advantage of the sun whenever we can, but sometimes we have to get very creative with the places we take you to. For the spring, we've enrolled you in Mother Goose, continuation of your music class, and Daddy is going to try to take you swimming once a week. Thank goodness going to the park and playground makes you very happy, because those will serve us well too.
You can name a bunch of body parts now. This baffles me because I don't even know where you learned them from. This all makes me believe with certainty that you absorb quite a bit of information. You know where your eyes, ears, belly button, bum, nose, mouth, teeth, hands and toes are located. Yes, you are my brilliant boy.
I hope I don't take as long to write my next post, but who knows, maybe it will be on your second birthday! Meanwhile, I'll try to post some long overdue pictures.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment